|My nails in their natural state. Love the acetone stains!|
Here's the line-up of all the products used:
|Zoya Remove+ for nail prep, the fillers, Orly's Frolic, and Seche Vite|
- Pinky: CND Ridge-Out
- Ring: Bridge the Ridge from Sally Beauty
- Middle: Orly Ridgefiller
- Index: Essie Fill the Gap!
- Thumb: Nothing
- Pinky: CND goes on smooth and dries fairly quick. CND decreased the amount of product though, from .5 fluid ounces down to around .37 fl. Ticks me off because it cost more for less product and more glass. It dries to a semi-matte finish.
- Ring: Bridge the Ridge's brush is all sorts of sprung out. It dried to a matte finish quickly, the matte-iest of all the fillers. The brush didn't affect the finished nail so don't be afraid to buy it. .5 fluid ounces.
- Middle: Orly gives you the most porduct for your money but I don't like as much. It seems to take longer to dry and if you're not careful it'll puddle at your cuticles It never dried to the matte finish that I was expecting. .6 fluid ounces.
- Index: Fill the Gap the best bang for my buck because I picked it up for $2.00 at a Trade Secret clearance!!! It's easy to apply and dries to a semi-matte finish fairly quickly.
|You can see the Orly on the middle finger, all white and stuff. Ugh!|
|Taken before any clean-up.|
|Can you see the ridges on the right? I didn't realize it would be so blurry.|
- Orly Ridgefiller: It's okay. You get a lot of product for your money but it's not as easy to work with as their polishes are. Found at Sally Beauty, Ulta, and some CVS stores. Rank: #4
- CND Ridge-Out: It's the priciest for what you're getting. Plus you might have a hard time finding it locally. I can only find CND at my local Blooming Beauty Supply. Rank: #3
- Bridge the Ridge: I love how this dries to a matte finish so quickly. In my mind that lets me know my nails are ready for color. But the brush was wonky and sprung out. Found at Sally Beauty which is everywhere! Rank: #2
- Essie Fill the Gap: Even at the full retail price of what, $8.00, I think this provides the best base for color. Goes on smooth, dries quickly to a semi-matte finish, great brush. Now that Essie is found everywhere it's probably the most accessable filler around. Rank: #1!