Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hyper Fairy Overdrive!

Oh, it's been rainy and ugly here in SE Virginia. My pictures have been crummy; I prefer to get polish shots in natural sunlight since I don't have a light box. Yesterday I wore China Glaze 2NITE, the yummy medium blue holo, and there was no sun. GAH!

I felt the need to wear something pink today after a series of yellow, purple, and blue nails. I pulled out my first Butter London I bought at Christmas time, Fairy Lights. It was part of that kit that includes a tiny bottle of their Powder Room remover. The remover's long gone but the polish isn't.
I know you've seen Fairy Lights and might be thinking, "Wait a minute, why is there sparkle?"

Look at the holo-sparkle! Edward the Pillow-Biter's got nothing on me!
Because I can't leave well-enough alone. Fairy Lights is a pretty silvery-pink foil that totally plays up my ridgey nails, even with a base coat of Bridge the Ridge. I needed at least two coats of ridge filler. So of course I had to slap a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust on top of the Lights!


Ugh, the ridges in my thumb are driving me nuts!
Fairy Lights is very very pretty! However, I didn't like the way the brush felt in my hand. The handle is stubby and it wasn't comfortable in hand. I prefer something a bit longer; that seems to give me more leverage. The handle I do like? The Poshe' top coat!

Anyway, I don't think I like this for me. Foil polishes are gorgeous in the bottle by on my nails it looks like hell. The ridges are very visible even after a good base coat. And it kind of screams Grandma to me and even though I know there are women out there who are grandmothers at age 43, I'm not one of them! Once I get around to doing a giveaway (sometime in August due to my crazy travel ahead) I think I'll put this one up for the contest.

By the way, I'm going out of town for my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend. I sent along nine polishes for the bride-to-be to choose from, the OPI Nice Stems collection, a couple of pale pink China Glazes (I believe Bad Witch and Naked), a couple of Zoya's (Happi and something else). Chris loves Hello Kitty and I found HK nail appliques at Sephora, hehe! I'm wearing an aqua blue cotton sundress, multi-colored sandals, and a mustard yellow handbag. I'm getting my pedicure today with China Glaze's Blue Iguana and painting my nails with OPI's Wing It, the polish that screams ME!!!

1 comment:

Olivia C. said...

I kinda have a love/hate relationship with foils, too. Sometimes they just don't look right. I like that polish, though and it looks good with Fairy Dust on top! Have fun on your trip! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...