Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello from the absent Other Person

Howdy howdy howdy! I'm Leisa, the other person on this blog.You know, the one who never posts. (Hermoine, I don't know how to update the "about us" part, so please move some or all of this there, or tell me how and I'll do it!)

Like I said, I'm Leisa (I'm not cool enough to think of a good pseudonym). I'm 44, live in Texas, been married 20 years as of Sept 14, and a servant to 3 dogs and a cat. I work in the wireless industry, doing Tier 3 tech support for corporate and government accounts (I won't mention the company, but one of their logo colors is one of the streakiest polish colors known to woman).

I've known Hermoine (that's so hard to remember to write!) for almost 9 years. We met on another message board and became friends when she started a private board for our little group of friends who shared being on a weight loss journey with the need to be snarky about people who would eat 3 pounds of cheese in a sitting then whine that they didn't lose any weight. (OMG, longest sentence EVAH!) We met in person in 2005 (butt-a-FOO-co!) on a girl's weekend at the beach where there was so much awesome in one place that even Katrina and Rita couldn't keep us away!

Right now I'm off work while I battle a recurrence of cancer. I was diagnosed with Stage IV metastatic colon cancer in Nov, 2008 (that's the "butt" reference H mentions in her "About Me" post). By the time it was discovered, it had spread to my ovaries and appendix (both useless organs, so no great loss). My last blood test showed a tiny fall in my CEA (tumor markers), so I'm hoping that's a trend that will continue.

I am also a huge abuser of parentheses (look, here's another one!)

OH! Forgot to mention polish--DUH! I got hooked on polish and polish blogs the beginning of this year. I don't wear make up, not because I don't like it, but because 1) I'd rather sleep later than get up early enough to "do my face" (I have a 45-60 minute drive to work) and 2) My eyesight is so bad that even using my 10x magnifying lighted mirror, I still have problems seeing well enough to apply my makeup. Plus, with all the fabulous, unorthodox polish colors out now, I can be loud and rowdy and express myself through my nails!

To get started, I'm going to do a picture dump of some old photos I have taking up pixels on my FB profile. That's coming in a few minutes, so stay tuned!

--Leisa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...