Friday, December 30, 2011

Rose Tyler: Bad Wolf

Now, don't stare. Look what you look like to them, all... pink and yellow. (The Doctor, "New Earth")
Rose Tyler, just a shopgirl from the Powell Estate dating Mickey Smith...until she met a mysterious man who saved her from maniacal mannequins (really called Autons) in the first episode of the revamped series ("Rose"). From there that man, known as The Doctor, took Rose through space and time. Along the way Rose fell in love with the Doctor, going as far as taking the TARDIS's time vortex and saving The Doctor from certain death.

The words Bad Wolf followed The Doctor and Rose through space and time...
Now you tell me, god of all Daleks, 'cause there's one thing I never worked out. The words Bad Wolf. Spread across time and space. Everywhere. Drawing me in. How'd you manage that? (The Doctor)
It wasn't until the episode "The Parting of the Ways" that Rose realized what those words meant...
I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words, I scatter them in time and space. A message to lead myself here...You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence. And I divide them. Everything must come to death. All things. Everything dies. The Time War ends. (Rose)
Rose's attire consisted of a variety of hoodies and jeans. She's a woman who seems to like pink. Therefore I chose China Glaze's Bad Kitty for Rose's color.



Okay, so I already reviewed this polish back in May but I assure you it's on my nails right now!

Bad Kitty was chosen for Rose for a few reasons...It's bubble gum pink, it has multi-colored glitter (for the stars), and the name Bad Kitty? HAHAHAHAHHAA! It just seems like a color Rose would wear if she were to polish her nails. She's still a teen when she meets The Doctor for the first time so I think she'd wear crazy glitterbombs.

It took three coats to get Bad Kitty to look like this. It's a gelatinous polish and is best layered over another pink. I used one coat of Seche Vite last night and two coats of Gelous this morning and I still feel the bumps of the glitter. I know it's going to be a bear to take off too. GAH! But hey, it's a fun polish and I love it.

As for Rose Tyler?
Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I. (The Doctor, "The Parting of the Ways.")

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...